Number of Credits
Proficiency testing (PT) is an independent, external assessment that provides feedback on your laboratory’s performance.
CMS (and your accrediting agency, if applicable) monitors your laboratory’s performance for each analyte and specialty/subspecialty. Here are some important points about proficiency testing:
• Proficiency Testing is a valuable Quality Assessment indicator
• Proficiency Testing can detect problems that your Quality Control program may not
• Proficiency Testing failures are a serious matter that require thorough investigation and follow up
It cannot be stressed enough that:
When PT failures occur, it is an indication that your patient test results might not be accurate!
This course will assist you with investigating why PT failures are occurring so you can take the most appropriate corrective actions to resolve the problem, prevent additional failures, and ensure accurate patient test results.
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of resolving PT failures
- Differentiate between unsatisfactory and unsuccessful performance
- Respond to requests from your regulatory agency
- Take appropriate corrective actions to resolve PT failures
- Utilize quality assessment activities to monitor and improve PT performance
This course is approved for P.A.C.E.® credit.
- Unsatisfactory Performance
- Unsuccessful Performance
- Performing an Investigation
- Determining Root Cause
- Taking Corrective Action
- Quality Assessment of PT
- Graded Exam
Free, current version of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. (Some older browsers could produce error messages or not display the content correctly.)
Free, current version of Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Reader.