LabFacts 29: Urine Cultures
Read LabFacts 29 and be able to:
- State the two methods of urine cultures that are classified as moderately complex tests.
- Describe the specimen collection and handling requirements associated with urine cultures.
- Compare and contrast the two methods of urine cultures in terms of performing a colony count, and identification of organisms.
- Explain how to perform a urine colony count.
- Compare and contrast the different microbiology media used to isolate and identify urine cultures and the expected information that can be obtained.
- Discuss the general quality control and proficiency testing requirements associated with performing urine cultures.
Share this course with your colleagues: