LabFacts 30: Presumptive Identification of Neisseria gonorrhoeae
Read LabFacts 30 and be able to:
- Explain the specimen collection and handling techniques for asymptomatic and symptomatic male and female patients.
- Describe the culture media used to grow and isolate Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
- Explain the inoculation procedure, state the necessary incubation time, and describe the presumptive identification procedure.
- Discuss the quality control and proficiency testing requirements associated with testing for the presence of Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
- State the reporting requirements associated with Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
Share this course with your colleagues: