LabGuide 22: Manual Hematology
Read LabGuide 22 and be able to:
- Determine the specimen collection, handling, and storage requirements for manual hematology procedures.
- Restate the steps necessary to perform a manual white blood cell count.
- Restate the steps necessary to perform a manual platelet count.
- Describe the steps required to perform a microhematocrit, and explain how to perform a maximum packing time.
- Discuss the quality assurance requirements associated with performing erythrocyte sedimentation rates, peripheral blood smears, and reticulocyte counts.
- Explain the quality control requirements associated with manual hematology test.
Share this course with your colleagues: