LabGuide 27: ABO and RH Blood Typing
Read LabGuide 27 and be able to:
- State the specimen collection and handling requirements for ABO and Rh blood typing.
- Describe the steps necessary to prepare a specimen of different suspension strengths.
- Compare and contrast the results expected for each ABO blood group when performing forward group typing vs. reverse group typing.
- Discuss how to record and report the ABO and Rh typing results.
- Compare and contrast Rh D factor with Rh D (Du) factor in terms of results obtained when testing, Rh Immune Globulin requirements, as well as quality control requirements.
- Describe the quality control requirements for ABO testing.
Share this course with your colleagues: