Number of Credits
This online educational activity has been designed to meet the needs of individuals in a clinical laboratory, including healthcare professionals working as medical laboratory staff in non-waived diagnostic laboratories, technical consultants, supervisors, testing personnel, and laboratory assistants.This course examines the CLIA requirements for quality assessment that apply to clinical laboratories and discusses ways to achieve and document compliance. This course explains the following topics: quality systems, quality assessment, the QA plan and its implementation, and regulatory compliance. The course includes links to additional resources.This course has been approved for P.A.C.E.® credit.
At the conclusion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Illustrate the process of Quality Assessment (QA)
- Differentiate between QC and QA
- Summarize the concept of Quality Systems
- Outline the quality systems that require QA reviews
- Design a QA plan that meets the requirements
- Summarize the benefits of a QA plan
- Formulate an effective QA review process
- Implement a QA plan
- Maintain the required QA documentation
This activity will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete and there are no prerequisites. A P.A.C.E. completion certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course with a score of 80% or higher on the graded exams, and completion of the course evaluation.
- Introduction to Quality Assessment
- Introduction to the QA Plan
- Module 1 Graded Exam
- Developing a QA Plan
- Implementing a QA Plan
- Module 2 Graded Exam
Free, current version of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. (Some older browsers could produce error messages or not display the content correctly.)
Free, current version of Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Reader.
* COLA Members – To receive this course free please remember to click the Coupon Code link on Step 1 of checkout.