Save the Date! The 2019 Symposium will be held April 3 - 6, 2019 in Las Vegas, NV!
REGISTRATION OPENS AUGUST 22, 2018
COLA Resources Inc. (CRI®) is a medical laboratory education and consultative organization that uses a unique approach to guide laboratories of all sizes: interactive education. At the CRI Symposium for Clinical Laboratories, attendees participate in EDUCATION FOR LABORATORY EXCELLENCE – making a positive impact for quality patient care.
Participants can attend a wide selection of educational sessions, earn up to 20 CME or P.A.C.E® credits, network with healthcare professionals and visit the exhibit hall featuring the latest laboratory technology, equipment and supplies.
Who Attends Symposium
- Laboratory Directors
- Laboratory Technical Consultants
- Laboratory Technicians
- Laboratory Managers
- Testing Personnel
- Other Healthcare professionals
The Symposium is YOUR opportunity to meet personal, professional, and organizational goals at a reasonable cost. We have designed the curriculum for continuing education that’s critical to operating a successful and compliant medical diagnostic laboratory. The educational sessions will offer:
- Continuing education for lab staff to enhance competency and maintain state licensure
- CME credits for physicians to qualify as the laboratory director for a moderate complexity laboratory, as outlined by CLIA
- Tools and guidance for:
- Meeting the requirements of CLIA, COLA, and other accrediting organizations
- Improving laboratory processes and procedures
- Preventing laboratory errors
- Improving efficiency and promoting quality in laboratory operations
The Symposium for Clinical Laboratories includes Keynote General Sessions of broad interest, and a choice of breakout sessions addressing various needs and interests. Subject content presented includes but is not limited to the following:
- Clinical testing topics
- Quality Control
- Quality management and improvement
- Safety and Phlebotomy
- Regulatory compliance
- Laboratory management and operations
- Inspection Preparation
CRI is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by:
- The ASCLS P.A.C.E.® Program. P.A.C.E.® continuing education credits are accepted by all states with continuing education requirements for laboratory personnel licensure
- The Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel, Division of Medical Quality Assurance at the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration
- The California Division of Laboratory Science, Department of Laboratory Field Services
CME Accreditation Information:
The Lab Director Curriculum of CRI’s Symposium for Clinical Laboratories will be submitted for CME approval by the American Academy of Family Physicians.