Number of Credits
“OUCH!! I just stabbed my finger!”
As laboratory professionals, we are at risk of experiencing this very situation, which could have a wide variety of consequences. This webinar will present various bloodborne pathogens and methods of preventing exposures to them. Particularly, the Hepatitis B vaccine and its required documentation will be discussed in depth. Since accidents happen in even the safest environments, practical methods for evaluation and follow-up when sharps exposures occur will also be presented. Additionally, the current OSHA regulations, potential updates, and possible fines will be described.
This Webinar CEexpress course focuses on:
- Understanding the Hepatitis B vaccination requirements;
- Exploring ways to prevent exposures to bloodborne pathogens;
- Learning what OSHA expects employers to do when an employee experiences an exposure;
- Knowing OSHA’s documentation requirements for Hep B vaccination and exposures.
The course links you to an archived version of the webinar slide and audio program, and to available pdf file resources. Your computer must have audio capabilities to hear the audio portion of the presentation.
This course has been approved for P.A.C.E.® credit. You must successfully complete the quiz and submit the course evaluation to receive credit.
Ann Bachman, CLC(AMT), MT(ASCP), is a CLIA / OSHA / HIPAA / ID Theft Specialist with DoctorsManagement, LLC., and is Executive Director for the American Association of Physician Offices and Laboratories (AAPOL).
She has extensive experience in clinical testing, laboratory management and supervision, patient and employee education, marketing, customer service, and leadership.
Ms. Bachman has taught college-level continuing education courses and is licensed as a
- Medical Technologist Supervisor by the State of Tennessee,
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist with the state of Louisiana,
- Medical Technologist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists, and
- Certified Laboratory Consultant with American Medical Technologists.
She is the former president of East Tennessee Society of Clinical Laboratory Science and recently earned the Certified Medical Practice Management designation from DoctorsManagement.
Ann presents seminars nationwide on OSHA, CLIA, HIPAA, and ID Theft; serves on the faculty for the Symposia for Clinical Laboratories; and has written numerous articles for various industry publications, including Tennessee Medicine, the journal of the Tennessee Medical Association.
Free, current version of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. (Some older browsers could produce error messages or not display the content correctly.)
Free, current version of Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Reader.