Number of Credits
Who can benefit from this Course of Study?
This course of study is a combination of existing CRI® products packaged to meet the specific needs of facilities that perform non-waived testing and are required to enroll in proficiency testing.You will learn:
- The CLIA ’88 requirements for proficiency testing enrollment and performance
- Special situations that effect PT enrollment
- PT documentation requirements
- Two common errors that can occur when submitting PT results
- How to take the necessary steps when reviewing your PT scores
- How to interpret satisfactory and successful PT performance
- The importance of investigating and resolving PT failures
- When self-evaluation of PT scores is necessary
- How to determine the causes of PT failures
- How to prevent test system problems that impact PT performance and patient test results
- The potential consequences of PT failures
- The requirements for split-sample testing
This course of study includes courses that have been approved for P.A.C.E.® credit. There are no prerequisites for this course of study.
CLIA Facts 26: Proficiency Testing Information (Download)
CLIA Facts 29: Proficiency Testing Paperwork (Download)
CLIA Facts 30: Evaluating Your PT Results (Download)
LabGuide 8: Proficiency Testing (Download)
LabGuide 9: Split Specimen Analysis (Download)
Free, current version of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. (Some older browsers could produce error messages or not display the content correctly.)
Free, current version of Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Reader.