Number of Credits
Competency Assessment has recently been subject to increased regulatory emphasis. The competency assessment requirements are not new, but there is a stronger focus on compliance because of the significant impact that laboratory personnel have on patient care. Competency assessment is required by CLIA and accrediting agencies, and is an important tool to reduce laboratory errors. Competency Assessment is the means to confirm that the training provided was effective and that personnel are capable of following established procedures in the pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic phases to accurately perform laboratory testing that produces quality results.
This course will assist you with developing and implementing a competency assessment program that is meaningful, ensures the technical competency of your staff, and meets the requirements.
Intended Audience: This program is designed as an educational and training tool for laboratory testing personnel that are subject to competency assessments and for technical consultants and lab directors that will be performing competency assessments.
- Differentiate between Training, Personnel Evaluations and Competency Assessment
- Outline the regulatory requirements for competency assessment
- Develop procedures to effectively incorporate the six required methods for competency assessment
- Perform and document meaningful and compliant competency assessments
This course has been approved for P.A.C.E.® credit. There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Regulatory Requirements
- Personnel Training
- Competency Assessment Basics
- Procedures for Assessing Testing Personnel
- PPMP Certificate Labs
- Consultants and Supervisors
- Review and Tips for Success
- Resources & References
- Graded Exam
Free, current version of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. (Some older browsers could produce error messages or not display the content correctly.)
Free, current version of Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Reader.